- Unattended cooking is the leading cause of fires in the kitchen.
PUT a lid on it.
- You can take simple steps to keep a small kitchen fire from getting out of control.
KEEP cooking areas clear.
- Clear away clutter and give cooking appliances space to lessen the chance of a kitchen fire.
PREVENT scalds and burns.
- Hot liquids and steam from the stove or oven can cause devastating injuries.
Did you know that cooking is the number one cause of home fires and home fire injuries? Learn more about these kitchen safety tips at https://www.nfpa.org/Public-Education/Staying-safe/Preparedness/Fire-Prevention-Week/Cook-Safely.
Kitchen Safety Coloring Contest
Win a gift card from Crumbl Cookies!
Join our Fire Marshal’s Office, station crews and Sparky, the Fire Dog, in a coloring contest! Children in two different age categories will win. 1st place will win a $30 gift card, 2nd place gets some Clackamas Fire District swag.
Print out the Kitchen Safety coloring page and send us a photo or scan of your masterpiece. If you would like a chance to be featured on our social media, please send additional photos of you, your artwork, or ways you have learned to practice fire safety in the kitchen.
STAY AWAY FROM HOT THINGS
- Print and color the “STAY AWAY FROM HOT THINGS” coloring page
- One entry per child; prizes awarded for two age groups: Under 6, and Ages 7-12
- Contest starts: October 2, 2020
- Deadline for submission: November 2, 2020
- Must be included with submission:
- Artist Name
- Artist Age
- Artist City
- Parent Consent to Share Artwork or Photos Submitted with Entry
- Contact Phone Number
Send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adults, if you would like to learn more about fire safety in the kitchen, visit: https://www.nfpa.org/Public-Education/Staying-safe/Preparedness/Fire-Prevention-Week/Cook-Safely.
There are also fun activities to help children learn fire safety with Sparky, the Fire Dog, at: http://www.sparky.org/.
If you’d like to color along with your children, print out the adult kitchen safety coloring page.