Civil Service Commission
What is the Clackamas Fire Civil Service Commission?
The Civil Service Board consists of 5 commissioners appointed to voluntary positions by the Clackamas Fire Board of Directors. The commissioners are appointed to reflect the perspectives of labor, management and the general public.
Current Board Members Are:
- James Dille – Term expires: February 5, 2021 (4 Year Term)
- Allan Mackey – Term expires: February 5, 2019 (4 Year Term)
- Jeffrey Davis – Term expires: February 5, 2019 (4 Year Term)
- Mark Kaiel – Term expires: February 5, 2021 (4 Year Term)
- Roger Edwards – Term expires: February 5, 2021 (2 Year Term)
- Doug Whiteley – Chief Examiner
- Mark Corless – Labor Representative
- Trish Noble – Secretary of Commission
Duties of the Commission:
- To establish a system of personnel administration based on merit, principles, governing the appointment, tenure, promotion, transfer, lay-off, removal and discipline of its officers and employees, and other incidents of employment.
- To establish and maintain a uniform plan of classification based upon the relative duties and responsibilities of positions.
- To provide an equal opportunity to qualified persons to gain employment on a basis of demonstrated merit and fitness to be ascertained by open recruitment competitive examinations.
- To develop a program of recruitment, advancement and tenure that will make a career in the district service attractive to persons who possess both ability and integrity.
- To provide an exemption from ORS 242.702 through 242.824 as provided in ORS 242.704 (1).
When Does The Commission Meet?
The Commission meets on a quarterly basis: January, April, July, and October on the 2nd Wednesday of the month at Station 5.